- 1 cup black beans
- 1 cup chopped lettuce (any variety)
- 1 cup microwavable pre-cooked brown rice (choose one that has no additives)
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ avocado, cubed
- ¼ cup salsa
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp cayenne (ground red pepper)
- 2 Tbsp. sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
Add chicken, use kale instead of lettuce, swap brown rice for quinoa, or roast your vegetables instead of leaving them raw. Not into cheddar? Sprinkle on some Cotija or Monterey jack instead.
- Chop up lettuce, bell pepper, and avocado.
- Drain and rinse black beans. Add cumin and cayenne pepper. Sauté on low heat until warm.
- Heat brown rice in microwave.
- Combine warm ingredients (black beans and rice) together with lettuce, pepper, avocado, and salsa.
- Add your toppings (cheese, lime juice, cilantro) and mix everything together.
Did you know?
The bell pepper gives you a big dose of Vitamin C, and avocado is one of those fats that tastes amazing and is good for you.
And those beans...
Those black beans contain fiber and protein to keep you satisfied.